Anchorage Commercial Kitchen
Are you a budding culinary entrepreneur? Established business in need of more kitchen time? Ready to move from Cottage Food to Municipal or State Permit? We are the place for you!
Anchorage Commercial Kitchen is located at 1209 W 36th Ave., available 24 hours a day.
Why an Interview?
Potential tenants are asked to sit down and talk about your business idea or plan before we ask you to provide further documents or a business license. We want to ensure our space is appropriate for your current and future needs.
This interview is very casual and includes a tour of the Anchorage Commercial Kitchen.
If Approved: Gather Your DocumentsWe'll need the following items from any new tenant:
- Copy of current Insurance Policy: (One million dollar minimum commercial general liability. AJN Mafia LLC must be listed as “Additional Named Insured.”) Seward Insurance (907) 224-7370 and Flip Insurance are familiar with commercial kitchen policies, also try your local insurance provider
- Business License: The business must have a current business license on file. It is easy to register for a State of Alaska Business License
- The manager must be ServSafe certified:ServSafe Alaska
- Employees must hold a Food Handler’s Card
- An FEIN from the IRS. (free)
Ready for the next step?Retail Food Establishment: Food Trucks, Caterers, Temporary Events & Food Producers Direct to Consumer, such as Farmers Markets
- Must register with Alaska DEC. In addition to the registration there may also be a license from the municipal health department.
- Alaska DEC Commissary Letter
Rental Spaces and Specialty Items
The kitchen has a cooking space, a prep space and a Walk-In room with a refrigerator and freezer.
· Four Stainless Steel Prep Tables
· One Eight Burner Range
· Four Convection Ovens (no broiler)
· 30 qt. Hobart mixer
· Produce sink
· Walk-In Refrigerator & Freezer
· Speed Racks
How much does it cost to book the kitchen?
- Reservations are made in 2 hour increments for $25/hr.
Who gets booking priority?
- Reservations are always first-come, first-served. Reserve space as soon as you know you will need it. There is no guarantee that the kitchen will be available for drop-in, last-minute use.
What if I need to cancel?
- Cancellation Policy: We understand last minute changes happen and offer for you to use the hours you would cancel within another window that week that is available. We reserve the right to apply a cancellation charge for tenants with frequent cancellations. A reservation cancelled with less than one week’s notice may be charged a percentage of the reserved hours. Sample charges are as follows: 50% of hourly cost for third cancellation, 75% of hourly cost for fourth cancellation, and 100% for any cancellations over five in a six month period.
- Tenants pay for kitchen use at time of booking.
- We understand many startup food entrepreneurs work full time jobs while establishing their food business. We encourage tenants to make use of the kitchen no matter the time of day. However, we encourage all tenants to be aware of their surroundings and have a zero-tolerance policy if the building is found unlocked overnight for any time. Any tenant who leaves the kitchen unlocked or open will lose late night access.
- Yes, dry storage is $50 a rack a month.
- Yes, cold storage is $50 a rack a month
- Yes, tons of parking
- 1209 W 36th Ave. Anchorage, AK 99503 (formerly Dipper Doughnuts)
- Yes! Our kitchen is available for full or half day rentals. We require advance notice in order to schedule and prioritize our tenants access and businesses. Contact the Kitchen Manager for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insurance for one-time events can be found at http://www.eventinsurances.com/.